Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've found a masterpiece in you"

So, I am watching American Idol and they are performing songs from when they were born. And of course, all of the contestants are recalling when they first sang or picked up an instrument. For some reason my mind wandered to when my sister and I would record ourselves singing or saying stupid things. Well I recall one time I decided to take a song and replace some words with my own. Really the only part I remember changing is one word. But, at the moment, I cannot find that cassette tape or else there would be more than one word changed.

Let me just preface this by saying I was really young and you know some things are really funny when you are young. So, you remember that Atlantic Starr song "Masterpiece"? The chorus is:

I've found a masterpiece in you
A work of art it's true
And I treasure you my love

I think when I was making up the new word I combined the first two lines. So my version went like this: I've found the master fart in you

I know classy huh? I remember my sister vividy saying on the tape "You're stupid!" She was so loving, but so so true. It was stupid, but hey for your enjoyment I found the music video!

Here is Atlantic Starr "Masterpiece". Enjoy!




Awesome, right?!?

3 comments:

TV Fan said...

This may be my next karaoke tune!

Chrissy said...

Glad I could help you with that! Haha.

Anonymous said...

i love this song,i is how i feel about my husband of 22 years