Friday, March 7, 2008

Movie Quotes Galore! -- Updated Again with HINTS!

Over at I See Monsters blog there is a little movie quote game that I thought would be fun to do here! I hope you decide to participate, it will be fun!

There are 15 movie quotes, from some of my favorite movies, and you the reader will guess what movie they are from. Sounds like fun right!?! There is only one pesky rule you should follow: you cannot use imdb or google or whatever to find the quote. Whoever guesses correctly will be credited next to the quote. Ready to play!?! I believe some, if not all, will be easy. :)

****I updated with hints!****

Here it goes:

1. "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy." (Hint! In this film features an actor from One Tree Hill, one of the Ocean's Eleven, and the dead family patriarch on Brothers and Sisters)

2. "We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger down here." Men In Black--Answered by Leslie

3. "I am feeling very Olympic today, how about you?" Cool Runnings--Answered by orange907

4. "It's like God gave you something, man. All those stories you can make up. And He said, this is what we got for you kid, try not to lose it. But kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should!" (Hint! Based on a Stephen King story-a group of boys go on an adventure) Stand By Me--Answered by Stephanie

5. "At the beep please leave your name, number and a brief justification for the ontological necessity of modern man's existential dilemma...and...we'll get back to you" (Hint! Life after college '90s flick)

6. "Saw the whole thing, dude. First you were all like "whoa", and we were like "whoa", and you were like "whoa..." Finding Nemo--Answered by orange907

7. "My problem is that it's 2 A.M. My problem is I'm asleep. I'm on a tour bus with eight stinkin' men. Rule number one: Don't propose to a girl on a bus, you got that? Rule number two: Don't tell her it's because you had a bad dream." (The Man in Black)

8. "There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit." (Stephen King story based in a prison)

9. "I'd say that she gets under your skin as soon as you meet her. She drives you so nuts you don't know whether to hug her or, or just really arm wrestle her. She would go all the way to Europe just to get a stamp in her passport. I don't know if that amounts to insanity, or just being really, really... likable." While You Were Sleeping--Answered by orange907

10. "Hey, psycho - we're not gonna discuss this, OK, it's over. Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up." The Wedding Singer--Answered by Stephanie

11. "I would like to say this. Tardiness is not something you can do on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver who took a chance on an unknown kid and last but not least, the wonderful crew from McDonalds who spend hours making those egg McMuffins without which I'd never be tardy." Clueless--Answered by Stephanie

12. "You stay classy, San Diego." Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy--Answered by orange907

13. "You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here." (Hint! Christmas movie)

14. "And then he's just the media darling... He's on the cover of all the magazines, I should of been on the cover of wired magazine. you know what he said? he said he named it Napster because it was his nickname because of the nappy hair under the hat. But he, It's because I was NAPPING when he STOLE it from me. He didn't even graduate." (Hint! Heist movie)

15. "Rock stars have kidnapped my son!" Almost Famous--Answered by orange907

And for your viewing pleasure:

11 comments:

TV Fan said...

#10 - The Wedding Singer (I will only do one too for now)

Anonymous said...

3 - Cool Runnings

Anonymous said...

#2: Men In Black, the best use of Pug in a movie. Ever.

Anonymous said...

6 - Finding Nemo

Anonymous said...

9 - While You Were Sleeping

Anonymous said...

12 - Anchorman

Anonymous said...

15 - Almost Famous

TV Fan said...

#11 clueless - Since your sister is guessing like CRAZY

Chrissy said...

Congrats to Stephanie, orange907 (Annaliese), and Leslie those are all correct!

TV Fan said...

#4 Stand By Me

Chrissy said...

Stephanie yes you are correct! Chris Chambers said that to Gordie LaChance!