Monday, August 27, 2007

Brandon Tartikoff

I recently found out it has been 10 years to the day that Brandon Tartikoff died. For you non-tv loving watchers, who do not pay attention to who runs what...he was the head of NBC's entertainment division mainly in the 1980's.

NBC was in it's worst shape during that time and he turned the network around and ended up with five shows in the Nielsen top 10 before he left the position in 1991. He brought many great shows to the network and here are some: Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law, ALF, Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Cheers, Miami Vice, The Golden Girls, Knight Rider, The A-Team, St. Elsewhere, Night Court, Highway to Heaven, Matlock, Remington Steele, A Different World, 227 and Empty Nest.<----Thanks for that Wiki!

He also helped develop Punky Brewster, so very awesome:


NBC desperately needs another turnaround, will Ben Silverman be able to do it?

Really though, my main reason for letting you all know about Brandon Tartikoff is the simple fact that I wanted to put this clip up:


That was one of my favorite episodes of Saved By The Bell. The episode had some really good cheese.

And to end, I hope you all remember: "There's no hope with dope!" Seriously, this message is the reason I never did drugs :).

2 comments:

TV Fan said...

Tartikoff was a genius. I didn't do drugs because of that specific episode either. I also knew not to hide in an abadoned fridge from Punky Brewster.

Bianca Reagan said...

Speaking of which, this morning I watched an episode of Doogie Howser in which one of the patients at the pediatric hospital was named Brandon . . . Tartikoff. It was extra cheesy because the kid was wearing a blue blazer and a tie. Bochco was such a brownnoser, and it wasn't even on NBC.