Friday, August 31, 2007

Selfishness

I was listening to Star 98.7 this morning and it dealt with women deciding to have a kid without a man. The beginning made me more upset than what you can listen to on the site. It is called Single Motherhood.

It would be great if women decided to adopt if they wanted to have kids, but I understand there are women who want to give birth. Either way a woman should not be called "selfish" for wanting a child. Yes, a father is important, but if a woman wants a child and is prepared for it (as much as you can be) she should be able to.

The issue of "selfishness" reminds me of a Joeyism on FRIENDS where he explains to Phoebe that all people are selfish. And I tend to agree with him:


Anything you do that makes you feel good is selfish, so all you couples who have kids you are selfish, let a woman (or a man) who wants to have a kid be selfish too.

4 comments:

Bianca Reagan said...

When are you popping out your kid? :)

Chrissy said...

Never. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

great post here chrissy. that is upsetting. so many people who should never be parents have kids so I am in full support of a woman who is ready for the committment and who should then take her role responsibly. i love your blog and though i only remember to get back here every 10 days i do usually read through the posts i've missed. hope all is well miss cs! Mark Jovial

Chrissy said...

Thanks Mark! I am happy to know you read and like my blog. :)