Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One Reason You Should Watch "Friday Night Lights"

So I finally read Bricks Explode's The Top Ten Supporting Characters on Television and saw Jesse Plemons on the list. This led me to look up clips from the tv show "Friday Night Lights". Oh how I love this show and Jesse Plemons' character, Landry. He is a big reason why I watch. (My main reason though is Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton's fabulous chemistry.)

Anyway, back to Landry! The character has made me laugh so much. When he mentioned that he was forming a Christian speed metal band called Crucifictorious I was rolling on the floor, especially since he wanted to name the band Stigmatalingus. He was overruled though! If you do not know what Christian speed metal sounds like watch this clip and fast forward to the 4:26 mark:



And here is a great clip of Landry explaining to his friend, Matt, how to win his girlfriend, Julie, back. Umm, he might not want to take the advice...



NBC has moved Friday Night Lights to Fridays. Watch it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrissy!! I got a link to your blogspot through Myspace and now I get to read all your inner most thoughts... the best part is that Kristin and I are total FNL fans too and we cannot wait till it starts again! (oct 5?) Yee ha! Thanks for the commentary and I think the coach and coach's wife chemistry is the best, too, but landry has been a really unique part of the show from the very beginning scene. How are you? I hope well and rocking! - Mark

TV Fan said...

Oh my gosh! I am going to have to watch this show DAMN YOU!!! They so got the Christian Speed Metal dead on. Trust me I had to work at a Christian Speed Metal Concert 2 years in a row. I wore ear plugs. And the kids totally did that little dance move Landry did.

Chrissy said...

Mark! Haha thanks for coming over to the blog! My inner most thoughts are scary! Ya FNL starts Octoer 5th and I believe they also moved the time to 9pm. I am doing good hope you are too!

My evil plan has worked on you, Stephanie, I have forced you to watch another awesome show! hehehe. Oh yeah and Tim's reaction to Landry's band and the little dance move was so perfect.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.